16 TIPS TO ENHANCE PERSONAL SAFETY AND SECURITY
Nowadays, the crime ratio in metropolitan cities has increased considerably. Every person has concerns about his/her safety and security. People can enhance their personal safety and security by following some safety instructions in daily routine, such strategies will surely protect you from various acts of crime and violence. DSSG recommends the following instructions are some of the finest methods to diminish risk factor and increase the overall safety and security.
- Develop a security-centric environment among the family members and prepare them for any critical situation like emergency evacuation and house intrusions
- Install advance security alarm system, surveillance cameras system, and motion sensors to increase the visibility at house premises.
- To reduce hiding places for criminals, keep shrubs and plants away from the doors and windows and also keep them trimmed.
- Whenever you are not at home, give the impression like you are at home. For pretending this, you can keep some lights on at home.
- Never update your journey plans on social media websites because it might be an invitation for criminals.
- Make sure that the privacy setting of your social media profile is up to date.
- Be careful while uploading any personal details on social media sites. A careless action on social media can be an invitation to criminals, hackers, and persons with evil intent.
- Keep your smartphone’s operating system up to date, avoid geotagging, and never click on suspicious links in your mail inbox.
- The limited use of the phone can help increase your attention to surrounding activities, so avoid using it in public places.
- Make sure that your backpack or purse is zipped and keep them close to your body while traveling.
- Always park your vehicle near to entrance and in clear visibility. If possible, park your vehicle in high traffic areas.
- Don’t forget to lock your car doors instantly when getting out of your car.
- Always keep your car’s interior neat & clean and make sure that your valuable items are hidden in cabinets.
- Do not attach any readable personal information like name, address, phone no. on your keys or handbags. Doing this might give direct insight into the criminal.
- Keep your car and home keys along with you while walking outside.
Your personal security and safety start with your situational awareness. Keep yourself prepared for any critical situation and develop a security-centric environment among the family members.
Stay connected with DSSG to get more safety & security related instructions.