We counter lots of changes in our daily lives with the evolving time.
Changes are nice and appropriate, but what if the modifications that caused a significant shift or turnover in our lives were not noticed?
These changes may be anything from attitude to personality or the bigger change that is the change in security services. We have come a long way from the traditional method of security from lock and keys to smart security systems and we don’t know about it
Do we fully understand the risk and threats?
Are we aware of the new technologies that are incorporated into it?
We are developing with the changes. Practitioners in physical security need to enhance their techniques to counter potential threats that will surely develop and become more vibrant than they are today.
There are continuous changes in the progress, but the most important thing is the change in security and safety around us. The question which we should ask ourselves, are we safe? Will we be able to protect the one we love and care about from the risks and vulnerabilities we are aware of, or the threat we knew traditionally has been upgraded or has changed/develop into a new face, which we aren’t aware of.
By the end of the article, you will get to know a new perspective about the upcoming security challenges and the way to deter it.
- The new emerging risks and vulnerabilities
- With technology comes new threats
- The way to tackle security risks
- Use of security survey and assessment to determine the risk
- How the security service in India help neutralize these threats
- Create a perfect strategic plan for your organisation
New challenges in the security Services industry and ways to tackle it
The concept of security is changing with emerging technology. Security methods are taken in the past to safeguard against unlawful safety and which could sabotage are no longer efficient. Security experts are aware of the major change in security and are continuously working towards the change with the help of technology and against technology.
This change in the time and the change in the threat lead us to develop new ideas and methods that could help us in overtaking these threats. This changes in the technology helped us develop few methods to protect us, which includes:
- Surveillance system
- Use of drones
- A new and smart security system
- Use of AI
- The vast and comprehensive training of security guards
- Security linked to smart devices
- Fingerprint and Facial recognition
In order to deal with the security threat, we need to learn and incorporate with the current technology. The use of drones and the use of AI has brought a major change and help deal with many threats which were difficult dealing with in the past. We see a huge involvement of AI in the Security Industry in the near future.
Where and how much physical security is needed?
Physical Safety and Security at any organization is a collection of safety steps made to guarantee that only approved staff has access to facilities, funds and other assets. Physical safety policies can include a wide range of techniques to prevent prospective intruders, it is a comprehensive term for a broader security plan which is fundamental to all other security measures.
In critical systems and facilities, physical security becomes more essential. Examples of various physical security counter measures made against potential threats are as follows:
- Fenced walls, wires: works as a first point of physical security
- Locks: Traditional physical security countermeasure
- Protective barriers: Stops the forced entry of persons, vehicles, etc.
- Security lighting: renders more visibility for security guards and surveillance cameras
- Security guards: combining human intelligence with physical security
- Surveillance cameras, sensors: record and track movements or change in environment
- Assess control (smart card, biometric): allow only authorized personnel in a restricted area
Are we secured from all the threats?
Security service specialists evaluate physical security and come up with techniques to render us safer, a fresh task goes up that larger version of the prior threat. The goal is to build a network that could help us create a strategy which is equivalent to all the security threat and can be defined for all the threat in the future. Security experts have to consider several factors such as natural events, location and different conditions to prepare a better plan that could fit in these factors and provide us with the best security. Security Surveys and Risk assessment is an essential part of any security plan. While your security system may be enough for the near team but what if you encounter fast expansion. Many variables can affect the layout of your physical security:
- Opening a new data centre
- Hiring more employees
- Moving business to a new location
- Entering a new business or industry
- Other External or Internal Changes like change in management, new construction, etc.
Business approach and safety can develop together, although a change in mindset should take place. When considering modifications, it is essential to evaluate hazards soon so that physical security measures can be incorporated into the scheme and enforced simultaneously. Physical security is similar to a puzzle that continues to evolve and there are different elements which are essential in achieving these goals.
- Environmental design
- Mechanical, electronic and procedural access control.
- Intrusion detection.
- Recognising Personnel
Security System with regular updates and audits
One should have a security audit on an annual basis, review the security risk assessment and determine whether the existing methods and procedures are sufficient to mitigate risk and threat. Consider establishing an existing framework program for security with routine equipment reviews, audit controls and access.
One should also include security controls in the internal audit programs to confirm an adequate operation. Implementing systems, tools and processes is not enough to guard your organization physically. One also need to monitor and update system continuously in order to remain effective.
One must make sure, if they are using a software or a system for security, they must regularly update it and make the changes which are necessary to provide a better sense of security. This change may be minor but the impact could be massive.
Common security mistakes in an Organisation
- Not maintaining and following a documented safety standard operating procedure
- Poor knowledge of the safety of employees and no instruction or workshop
- Do not take security breaches or crimes seriously within the organization
- Cutting budget to security measures
- Not aware of the crime and security breaches in the neighbourhood
- Ignoring the safety concerns of employees
- Poor disposal practices of documents
- Avoiding Risk assessments and security checklists
You can find the updated security risk assessment and security survey checklist on our website: https://dssg.in/security-surveys-and-checklist-in-the-security-industry-india/
And with the help of this checklist determine whether your business or office needs a security service or not: https://dssg.in/does-your-local-business-require-security-guard-services-in-india/
With the development of information technology and its demonstrated capacity to enhance effectiveness, most small or big systems and equipment depend heavily on it. Dependence on IT has also brought new safety issues. Physical security is an ongoing endeavour and can be deemed ideal at no stage at the moment. Chances of invisible and unexpected occurrences may always exist, even those that have never happened in history. An additional layer of security can help protect your people, assets and can limit breaches. With a security agency like DSSG, which provides one of the best security services in India and help you plan a security strategy for your organization, this survey will help you gather information and risk related to the business and the strategic plan from DSSG could help you tackle these risks accordingly.
DSSG operates in more than 20 locations in India, providing one of the best security services in Delhi, Punjab, Chandigarh, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir, etc.